The FlexPDA system is designed to deliver a complete entry-level PDA/LDA platform for particle size and velocity measurement. The system can be configured for 1D or 2D velocity measurements, and integrated with a 1D, 2D, or 3D traversing units for spatial mapping.
PDA (Particle Dynamics Analyzer) – also known as PDPA (Phase Doppler Particle Analyzer) and PDI (Phase Doppler Interferometer) – is a well-established technique for the simultaneous measurement of particle size and velocity. PDA works as an extension to Laser Doppler Anemometry (LDA), both are optical techniques ideal for non-intrusive point measurement in a wide range of fluid dynamics applications.
The FlexPDA solution inherits the best of PDA and LDA technology, resulting in a compact best-value system for simultaneous particle size and velocity measurement applications.
- Factory aligned transmitter optics
- Receiving probe with optical fibers for maximum flexibility
- Wide particle size measurement range, from 1—500 µm
- State-of-art signal processor to handle the most demanding applications
- Advanced, flexible, and feature rich software platform with a user-friendly interface
- Automatic phase calibration for accurate size measurements
- Attachment rail and mounting mechanisms for alignment in any PDA application
- Possibility to work completely as a standalone LDA system in backscattering mode
- Upgradable to other solutions