The FlexPDA system is designed to deliver a complete entry-level PDA/LDA platform for particle size and velocity measurement. The system can be configured for 1D or 2D velocity measurements, and integrated with a 1D, 2D, or 3D traversing units for spatial mapping.
PDA (Particle Dynamics Analyzer) – also known as PDPA (Phase Doppler Particle Analyzer) and PDI (Phase Doppler Interferometer) – is a well-established technique for the simultaneous measurement of particle size and velocity. PDA works as an extension to Laser Doppler Anemometry (LDA), both are optical techniques ideal for non-intrusive point measurement in a wide range of fluid dynamics applications.
The FlexPDA solution inherits the best of PDA and LDA technology, resulting in a compact best-value system for simultaneous particle size and velocity measurement applications.
- Factory aligned transmitter optics
- Receiving probe with optical fibers for maximum flexibility
- Wide particle size measurement range, from 1—500 µm
- State-of-art signal processor to handle the most demanding applications
- Advanced, flexible, and feature rich software platform with a user-friendly interface
- Automatic phase calibration for accurate size measurements
- Attachment rail and mounting mechanisms for alignment in any PDA application
- Possibility to work completely as a standalone LDA system in backscattering mode
- Upgradable to other solutions
Learn more about how the FlexPDA system can help you solve your PDA testing challenges.
PDA measurements are performed on single particles, allowing for detailed analysis of particulate flows.