Flows have a strong three-dimensional behavior. With Volumetric Velocimetry (VV), often called Tomographic PIV or Tomographic PTV, you can measure all three velocity in a volume (3D3C).
Whether your interest is time-resolved Particle Tracking Velocimetry (4D-PTV) to obtain Lagrangian particle trajectories, or Tomographic PIV to obtain high-resolution Eulerian data, DynamicStudio has the solution to your volumetric testing needs..
What is needed
Volumetric Velocimetry is based on the concept of PIV or PTV. All you need to make high accuracy VV measurements is additional cameras, a Volumetric illumination system, and the appropriate software package.
Existing PIV systems using double-frame cameras can be extended to Volumetric Velocimetry systems providing Eulerian velocity data, using Least Squares Matching data analysis algorithms.
PTV systems typically use high-speed cameras and high repetition rate lasers to track the particles in time and space and can be extended to 4D PTV systems using Lagrangian Particle Tracking analysis methods.
Different algorithms for fast and accurate analysis
Tracking or Least Squares Matching (LSM) algorithms are selectable to generate the desired data type. Different reconstruction approaches may be selected to find the desired balance between calculation time and accuracy.
- Eulerian velocity fields by PIV and 3D Least Squares Matching (LSM)
- Lagrangian velocity fields by 4D PTV in densely seeded flows
- SMART reconstruction
- high performance Motion Tracking Enhancement reconstruction
- volumetric results from a two camera solution
- GPU acceleration for faster processing
- Improved measurement by patented Volumetric Calibration Refinement
- Planar PIV systems (2D2C or 2D3C) can be upgraded to volumetric systems (3D3C)