FlowExplorer is a totally new concept in Laser Doppler Anemometry (LDA) for turbulence studies. It consists of a factory-aligned and calibrated optical probe, an accurate signal processor, and a Windows software package with extensive features for graphical and tabular presentation of results.
The FlowExplorer family consists of a range of optical heads with either diode lasers or powerful Diode Pumped Solid State (DPSS) lasers with up to 500 mW laser power per wavelength.
With three different wavelengths available, configurations for measuring all three velocity components are possible.
- Calibrated to traceable standards and delivered with a calibration certificate
- Pre-configured for instant results: software is ready to use, and the laser and optics are integrated in one compact unit for point-and-measure capability
- Optional wireless PC/LAN interface for enhanced flexibility and control
A wide range of applications
- Aero- and hydrodynamic optimisation
- Calibration of flow sensors and flow meters
- Undergraduate fluid mechanics experiments
- Determining boundary conditions for CFD codes
- In-situ measurements in airplanes, cars, ships etc.
Learn more about how the FlowExplorer can help you solve your LDA testing challenges.
The Laser Doppler Anemometer, or LDA, is a widely accepted tool for fluid dynamic investigations in gases and liquids and has been used as such for more than three decades.
Components list for this solution will appear on the live page.
R. Theunissen, P. Gjelstrup
Application of Laser Doppler Anemometry to estimate turbulent power spectra inside an urban canopy
Sophie Herpin, Laurent Perret, Romain Mathis, Christian Tanguy, Jean-Jacques Lasserre
Experimental verification of novel spectral analysis algorithms for Laser Doppler Anemometry data
P. Gjelstrup, H. Nobach, F.E. Jørgensen, K. E. Meyer