The FlexPIV system is a versatile pre-configured PIV system consisting of a 65 mJ, 15 Hz dual cavity laser to illuminate small- to medium-sized field of views, a sensitive FlowSense GigE 1.3 MP CCD camera and a bright 35 mm F2.1 lens to offer short interframe times for measuring velocities up to over 100 m/s. The camera is fast enough to run the laser at its optimal frequency of 15 Hz. The camera is easily connected to the PC via GigE, and, thanks to its small pixel pitch of 3.5 µmm, it avoids peak looking effects but at the same time offers a great light sensitivity. With that set-up you can reach spatial resolutions below 1 mm.
The two main components are synchronized via the TimingHub that can control up to 8 channels. With its Plug-and-Play USB interface, the connection to the PC is straight forward. The TimingHub and the camera are smoothly integrated into DynamicStudio, our advanced imaging software platform.
DynamicStudio offers total control of the hardware, tools, and features. It provides extensive help, and video tutorials to guide you through your first measurements and PIV analysis. It is research proven and has advanced and up-to-date analysis routines for PIV, extensive pre-and post-processing features for plots and visualizations. Data exchange with other tools such as Matlab or TecPlot is easy.
- Versatile, pre-configured PIV system
- Non-intrusive imaging technique for measurements of flow fields in gases and liquids
- 15 velocity fields per second
- Max. velocity 100 m/s
- Min. field of view 37 x 27 mm
- Max. field of view 500 x 370 mm
- Resolves flow structures down to 0.925 mm in size
- USB based Plug-and-play synchronizer
- GigE based Plug-and-play 1.3 MP camera
- Alignment at low laser intensity without sacrificing beam quality