Small pixels ward off peak locking, fantastic signal to noise ratios offer great quality PIV images, and ultra short interframe time offers a very high max. velocity capability
We are proud to introduce a new range of cameras, the FlowSense FCX series, with a lot of exciting features:
- The latest back illuminated scientific CMOS chip technology offers high sensitivity
- 5M pixel up to 24M pixels for high spatial resolution even in large areas
- Low noise levels for optimum signal to noise ratios in your measurements.
- The latest CoaXPress 12 technology with a transfer rate of up to 6250 MB/s. This allows for high resolution and high frame rates at the same time.
- Small pixels to avoid pixel locking
- 100 ns interframe time for high velocity measurements
What can be done in an experiment
With huge resolutions, small pixels and fantastic signal to noise ratios, thanks to the back illuminated sensor, you can push what is possible in terms of measurement area with one camera. Combined with the stitching algorithms in DynamicStudio and our ActiveTarget, measurement areas can become even larger!
Additionally, with interframe times of 100ns, it can measure very high velocities. This is the fist time CMOS technology can compete with CCD technology in this category.
All this can be done without sacrificing spatial resolution, and at the same time, avoiding peak locking.
The example PIV image below using the FlowSense FCX 24M camera working over a 200mm field of view, displays the excellent image quality and particle signal. The FlowSense FCX cameras have even been used successfully on measurements areas of over 2x1m!
The table below shows the range of cameras available in the current launch including UV sensitive options for simple combustion LIF techniques.