NI LabVIEW Toolbox for ComfortSense
By Henning Popp, Product Manager - 4 March 2013
For our indoor climate measurement solution ComfortSense we now introduces the LabVIEW toolbox which offers full support to all presently available ComfortSense probes.
We have made it easy for a LabVIEW user to implement ComfortSense to their measuring environment, and introduces a LabVIEW toolbox for ComfortSense.
Although the Toolbox does not contain executable programs, it does include many high-level VI’s, which are very close to ready-made program blocks. These include for e.g signal conversion of probe signal which would include (handling of calibration file, linearization, calculation of the thermal comfort indices PMV and PPD).
The Toolbox offers full support to all presently available ComfortSense probes:
- 54T33 Draught Probe
- 54T34 Draught Probe – Manikin version
- 54R10 Draught Probe
- 54T35 Robust Velocity and Temperature Probe
- 54T29 Velocity Probe
- 54T37 Humidity Probe
- 54T38 Operative Temperature Probe
- 54T43 Fume Hood Mapping System Probe
Probe Signal Conversion
Support for signal conversion of any available ComfortSense and FMS probe
- Draught probe 54R10
- Reference probe 54T29
- Draught probe 54T33
- Draught probe 54T34
- Velocity probe 54T35
- Humidity probe 54T37
- Operative temperature probe 54T38
- FMS (Flow Mapping System) probe 54T43
- Identification of the ComfortSense calibration files in a given folder indicated by the user
- Copying of files into the standard folder for ComfortSense calibrations
Calculation of PMV and PPD
- Calculation of Predicted Mean Vote
- Calculation of Predicted Percentage of Dissatisfied
Examples of pre-programmed functions included in the Toolbox
Alternative to LabVIEW we have dedicated application software available for ComfortSense i.e Flow and Temperature solution – 54S60, and Thermal Comfort solution – 54S61.
More information on the ComfortSense system and application software. Please contact your local representative or fill in the dialog form.